Frank Llyod White, a notable architect once said that nature will never fail you. Nature supports you to live from the oxygen they provide. That is why most of the people nowadays complement their house design with some indoor trees. These trees will not just become another decoration. Instead, indoor trees will make the air become fresher than before. Especially, when there are lots of choices for indoor trees.
As you might already know, indoor trees are also one of the natural elements that will bring you a good vibe. Hence, you can enjoy the nature and feel how relieving your life will be by having the great indoor trees ideas. Not only make you healthier but it will also be a good decoration for your home.
So, ready to heal yourself as well as your room? Here is the 10 nicest indoor trees idea for you.
1. Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree
credit picture by westering
A fiddle leaf fig tree is known for its simplicity and beauty. Either you have a vintage room, a retro room, or a simple-modern one, a fiddle leaf fig tree can adapt into them well. But, is it worth to have it at your home? Check these pros and cons of having this plant at our house.
- The fiddle leaf fig tree is a good plant to make your room looks greener. Moreover, this plant has a pretty leaf’s shape.
- The plant is quite affordable.
- The maintenance of this indoor tree is quite tricky. Many people said that a fiddle leaf fig tree has a unique characteristic that makes it hard to keep the leaves grow healthy for a long period of time.
- It needs to be watered regularly (not a good indoor plant for a lazy person) and also need a proper nutrition for its soil.
But, there are some tricks in maintaining the fiddle leaf fig tree. Put it near the window so the plant will get a sufficient light, make sure you always water it when the soil is dry, and don’t put this indoor tree near the air conditioner since it will get dry easily.
2. Weeping Fig
credit picture by bakker
Despite its leaves that are easy to wither, the weeping fig is still one of the most favorite indoor trees to decorate the house. Despite its green and fresh appearance, a weeping fig is known for its indoor allergens.
Normally this plant can grow up to 30 meters in height. But, as an indoor tree, weeping fig can be maintained only to grow up to 1 to 2 meters height.
There are some solutions to prevent your weeping fig from wither. First, avoid changing its position too often. A weeping fig can grow with lots or limited sunlight. Second, Makes sure you water the plant regularly and add some fertilizer. I bet your weeping fig will grow optimally.
- Its appearance is green and can refresh your eyes after all of your daily activities.
- The weeping fig is quite tolerant to any shade of light.
- The leaf can easily fall down after exposure to a different shade of light.
- As mentioned earlier, the weeping fig can cause an allergic effect.
3. Rubber Tree Houseplant
credit picture by plantingman
How hard is it to have the rubber plant as one of your house decoration? The truth is, the rubber tree is quite easy to maintain.
The rubber house plant has an evergreen foliage type. It is also can grow really good if being put in a well-lit spot. Moreover, its wide leaf along with the fresh green color definitely can boost your mood. But before that, you also have to understand more about its characters by seeing its strengths and weaknesses.
- You can get the plant on a friendly budget.
- The rubber plant tends to grow for a long period of time. So, you can enjoy this plant while having a fresher air in your living room.
- It doesn’t need lots of water. The most important thing is to keep the soil moist and fertilized.
- The sap can cause irritation to the skin. Especially, if you have children at home, then it will be better to avoid having this plant in your living room. Unless you can make sure that your kids will not pluck the rubber plants’ leaf and accidentally exposed to its sap.
- The leaves can easily fell-off if it getting exposed to the afternoon light.
In the growing season, keep it humid and water it much. However, in the dormant season, it is enough to only water it once or twice a day because it will absorb less water than in the growing season. If you add too much water in the dormant season, there is a big chance that its root will get rotten.
4. Madagascar Dragon Tree
credit picture by interiordesainrumah
This is a lavish indoor tree that can bring a tropical nuance in your own house. The Madagascar dragon tree is one of most the adorable and most-used indoor trees, either being put inside the house or in the office rooms.
Sometimes people mistake it with the palm tree, which is totally different since this indoor tree belongs to the lilies genus. Besides its calming and beautiful appearance, the Madagascar dragon tree often called as the easiest houseplant to maintain. But of course, there are still a few pros and cons of this plant. Feel free to check it here.
- The Madagascar dragon tree has a slim and minimalist look. It will go well with any style of your living room.
- This plant is really suited for a busy person that has a limited time for taking care of plants.
- Surprisingly, the Madagascar dragon tree is poisonous to cats and dogs. So, better not choose this plant if you have these pets at home.
The Madagascar dragon tree can only grow up to 6 to 8 feet. Yet, it could grow bigger and bigger in outdoor. If you want to prevent it from growing too high, you can cut the top branch off.
|Read also : 11 AMAZING Low Light Indoor Plants! for Greener House|
5. Money Tree Indoor Plant
credit picture by euffslemani
You can easily spot this plant due to its bizarre braided trunk. The leaves may not look like a real money, even though many people believe that this indoor plant will bring luck and prosperity to our lives. Do you interested in this plant? Then you might want to see this information below.
- This plant doesn’t need much watering. Makes it a perfect plant to accompany your tight schedule.
- Although this plant able to grow under a bright light it cannot stand a direct sunlight. This makes the money tree become a perfect indoor plant.
- The money tree needs more attention than the other indoor trees. For example, you must continue the braided trunk over time so it will stay looks uniquely pretty.
- Too much sunlight can lead to leaf-scorching.
- Most known problems that happen to the money tree are suffering from bugs and insects.
6. The Umbrella Plants
credit picture by deskgram
Would you like to have a plant that keeps you healthy? You may put Schefflera on the top of your list, because of its function as an air purifier also as a detoxifier. If you are interested in this gorgeous plant, then you need to know some details about it.
The name umbrella plant comes with a reason. It is because of its leaf that looks similar to an opened umbrella. Just like most of indoor trees, the Schefflera also like a moderate humidity. Too much water can easily rot its root, while lack of water can lead to withering.
- A natural air fresher for the whole family.
- Another decoration that can bring its own charm to your room, effortlessly.
- You must really cautious about the amount of water for its soil.
- The Schefflera also prefer a moderate light.
|Read also : 10 BEST Indoor Plants Easy Maintenance! with TIPS|
7. The Pretty Ponytail Palm
credit picture by mycityplants
Nolina or the ponytail palm has a fascinating look that can make your room looks more attractive. This plant has a bottom trunk in a shape of a bulb, while the leaves are gathered on the top of it.
If you love the modern style, then it is a plant to die for. Here are the things that you need to know about the strengths and the weaknesses of Nolina.
- The ponytail palm known as the easiest indoor trees to maintain. So, it won’t spend most of your time taking care of it.
- It has unique features and fit on most of the home design.
- The Nolina has a very slow in the term of growth. Especially if the humidity is too low or the soil lacking in nutrition.
8. Corn Plant
credit picture by liscicekgalerisi
Srigading or best known as the corn plant is one of the indoor trees that famous for its bright green leaves and the hint of yellow tones. No wonder many planters fell in love with this plant. Get to know this plant better by understanding its characters.
- The color of the leaves makes it best to become an addition to your home interior. Either put it on the corner of your living room or in your indoor garden, both equally looks pretty.
- Although the corn plant has several variations, most of them are really easy to maintain.
- What best from this plant is that it can remove toxin from the air.
- Be careful, because the leaves are poisonous to cats and dogs. Make sure that your pet won’t eat or chew on the corn plant’s leaf.
9. Olive Tree
credit picture by adorable-home
Believe it or not, an olive tree can bring a nice touch of Mediterranean style to your house. This beauty comes from its slim twigs, the foliage with sage color, and the small shaped leaves.
If you have a minimalist house, then this is the answer for decorate your house elegantly. You will amaze with how lavish your room will be once you add this indoor tree idea.
- The olive tree does look sophisticated.
- This indoor tree can grow rapidly and last until 8 to 9 years.
- The olive tree needs lots of direct sunlight. So, you must put this tree near to a window.
- You must maintain the humidity of the soil. Although this plant not necessarily needs lots of water, it still prefers a humid environment.
- Unfortunately, the olive tree cannot live indoors for a long period. It can only last a maximum of nine years. Consider to remove it outside when it reaches eight years old.
|Read also : 29 IDEAS – Simple Chic! Indoor Garden Plant Home Apartment|
10. Indoor Citrus Tree
credit picture by sarahshearman
To enhance the fresh looks into your house, there is no better option than planting the citrus tree. It can release a fragrant aroma that boosts your mood and make the room fresher.
But let me tell you something, basically, the citrus tree is an outdoor plant. So, it means that you cannot keep it as an indoor plant for a long period. Don’t worry! You can always move the citrus tree to your garden or front yard.
- When treated fairly, the lemon tree will able to produce fruits.
- It has a fresh aroma.
- A citrus tree needs at least 8 hours of direct sunlight. By then, it can grow optimally.
- It cannot stand the cold air, so better to lower the temperature of your room to support its growth.
- The leaves can be curled easily if not being watered properly
- Buy the fertilizer that is rich in nitrogen. The citrus tree can grow well if there is enough nitrogen. Add the fertilizer once in three weeks every summer and spring. You must add the fertilizer once in six weeks when the winter or fall comes.
The indoor trees will never be failed in decorating your house and make it more alive. Especially because indoor trees can also refresh the air in your house and surrounding. Well, what you’re waiting for? You can either choose one of those indoor trees or some of them. That is your call!